The DC Soccer Club Financial Aid (FA) Application applies to most DC Soccer Club programs. FA is awarded at the discretion of DC Soccer Club's Financial Aid Committee which does not include coaches or technical staff, and subject to availability. For each soccer season (e.g. 2023-2024), you can apply to Travel FA or General FA (or both), but if applying to both, applications must be submitted separately. FA cannot be applied retroactively.
Applying for FA does not automatically register your child(ren) to a program. You must register to a specific program separately.
Travel Soccer FA Application
- This application is for Travel Soccer Program (U9 & Up Team Registration) only
- Application opens before the Spring Travel Tryouts for the upcoming season (e.g. opens in April/May 2023 for 2023-24 season)
- You can apply early to get FA pre-approved (before the tryouts).
- You can only apply once per soccer season
General FA Application
- This application is for most programs (except for Travel Program U9 & Up Team Registration) that offers FA
- Application opens in May/June each year for the upcoming season (e.g. opens in May/June 2023 for 2023-24 season)
- This is for programs which are offered from September 1st to August 1st (e.g. 9/1/23 - 8/31/2024)
- You can only apply once per soccer season. You can apply in Spring for the programs that run in the next soccer season (e.g. apply in 2023 Spring for 2023 Fall, 2024 Winter, 2024 Spring, and 2024 Summer).
- If your circumstances have changed within a year, you can send an email to email@example.com with a request and supporting documents for your FA offer to be reconsidered.
- If you qualify, you are approved for one soccer season depending on the fund availability.
Financial Aid Application Steps:
1. Complete the online application and provide one of the following approved documents for review. All documentation submitted is kept in confidence.
- A current Free or Reduced Lunch eligibility letter.
- Most recent U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (1040 Form - only pages 1-2) that was filed with the IRS for the household that claims the player(s) as a dependent(s). Please black out ALL Social Security Numbers including your child(ren)'s SSN and SSN on top of the second page. 1040 must have signature(s).
2. You will be notified via email within 5 business days - please check your junk/spam folder. Email will contain further instructions if you qualify. If there are extenuating circumstances not well reflected in the financial aid documentation, please submit the online application and send additional information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct questions to Jennifer Werth.